Alex Walker Serian camps Masai Mara
Nkorombo is Serian’s tented mobile camp, set on a private riverside site in the Masai Mara Reserve. This snug little setup is chock-full of character with a view over the rushing Mara River, bursting with laughing hippo and languorous crocodile. Much like at Serian and Ngare Serian, life at Nkorombo is low-key and tranquil. Nestled among a stand of wild olive and orange croton, the camp is right next to a lively salt lick that regularly features black rhino, and lion and leopard on the lookout for kill… There is an abundance of prey in this area, and it’s the perfect spot for spectacular game viewing.
- Open all year
- Preferred airstrip:
- A private campsite in the Masai Mara
- Style: Traditional Tented Camp
- 4 tents + Suite
- Located adjacent to a prolific salt lick; often attracts black rhino Lion, leopard and old bull
- Around the river-bend is one of the wildebeest river-crossing points – a prime spot between July and September
As everyone is automatically allocated their own private vehicle when they stay with us, it only makes sense to complement this with a top-class guiding team.To optimise your experience, our guides work together with a spotter: an invaluable extra pair of eyes to ceaselessly scan the landscape while your guide focuses on navigating the terrain, and translating the inner workings of the wilderness to you.In this way, ‘book-knowledge’ plus an ancient system acquired over an age of living the wild life interweaves seamlessly to form a rich tapestry of knowledge to share
Serian’s Nkorombo-What we Do
Nkorombo camp has been cleverly designed to blend seamlessly into the surroundings. There are just five spacious tents in a traditional safari style with comfortable beds, carpets and tray tables. Each tent has en suite facilities with flush toilets and bucket showers.High quality meals are either taken at camp or as picnics out in the bush.a rich tapestry of knowledge to share
- Follow “The Great Migration”.
- Exclusive use of specially prepared Safari Vehicle and guide, giving you total flexibility.
- Fly camping.
- Walking Safaris.
- Specialist Guides. Photographers, Ornithologists, Trails Guides.
- Unlimited Game drives.
- Night drives, bush dinners.
- Learn about Bush lore and culture.
- Photography and photographic workshops.
Non Resident rates per person per night
Nkorombo Serian –2023 rates
|MIN 3 NIGHTS**||Per adult||$1,175|
|Tents x 4 | Suite x 1||Single occupancy||$1,690|
|Open all year.||Child Ages 5 – 15||$615|
|Green Season||Per adult per night||$910|
|Jan 6 – June 30 and||Single occupancy||$1,395|
|October 1 – Dec 15th||Child Ages 5 – 15||$470|
|Conservancy Fee:Adult US$150 Child USD 75 per night|
|Featured Itineraries: Rates are per Couple|
|7 Days in Heaven From:||$11,470|
|Depth of Field From||$13,130|
- Full board accommodation and all drinks
- Walking, sundowners, picnic and bush meals
- Exclusive use of 4WD vehicle, private guide and spotter, unlimited game drives and airstrip transfers
- Daily laundry services
- Photographer in residence (Seasonal)
- A night in the Nest (Our Treehouses – Subject to availability)
- All conservancy fees (per 24 hrs). Add extra for MMNR, alternatively add a couple nights at Nkorombo.
- Internal flights
- Items of personal interest