A Safari Lodge In The Maasai Mara
Mara Serena Safari Lodge
Discover the Kenya safari of your dreams, a vast, gently rolling landscape of acacia-specked grasslands darkened by migrating wildebeest herds. Mara Serena Safari Lodge invites you to a world where dramatic sights and experiences are enhanced by gracious service and five-star amenities. As the only safari lodge in the famed Mara Triangle, we offer a setting matched by few other hotels in the world: perched high on a bush-cloaked hill with sweeping views of the savannah and the meandering shoreline of the Mara River. Styled to mirror the circular motif of a traditional Maasai manyatta, the lodge blends international sophistication with raw African beauty while featuring twin rows of individual rooms, some with views of the famous Mara River. Equally breathtaking sightlines can be enjoyed from the restaurant and bar and rock-enclosed swimming pool. After a day in the bush, a steam shower and an Oringa Massage at the Maisha Spa & Gym offer an exquisite welcome back to civilization. Enjoy exhilarating excursions deep into the Masai Mara Game Reserve with activities and adventures as intrepid as you choose to be during your stay. Savour superb chef-prepared cuisine in our onsite restaurant and with unforgettable “Bush Dining” and “Sundowner” experiences. Rediscover how special family time can be with game drives, breakfasts by the hippo pool and visits to an authentic Maasai village. From savannah to spa, experience Africa in all its wild grandeur at Mara Serena Safari Lodge.
The breathtaking landscapes of Masai Mara National Reserve, uninterrupted views of the Mara River and a design inspired by a traditional Maasai Manyatta set Mara Serena Safari Lodge as an unforgettable destination for safari holidays. Our 74 guest rooms which includes the suite have been inspired by the local Maasai heritage and surrounding natural splendour, welcoming guests to experience the allure of the only lodge located within the famed Mara Triangle. A merger of Africa’s untamed beauty and modern sophistication, our accommodations are arranged with one slightly in front of its neighbour, allowing for sweeping river and savannah views. Adorned in swirling patterns that reflect the colours and shapes of the bush, rooms feature Maasai-inspired design-motifs, King or twin beds, lavish, all-encompassing mosquito-curtaining and marble bathrooms with walk-in showers. Contemporary amenities like complimentary Internet and television with satellite channels along with personalised touches like ceiling fans to enhance the guest experience.
Accommodation-Sophisticated Masai Mara Accommodation
Crafted with the finest local and seasonal ingredients, the food you enjoy at Mara Serena Safari Lodge takes you on a culinary journey that celebrates the bounty, richness and untamed spirit of the Masai Mara National Reserve. Whether you’re dining in our restaurant, greeting the sunrise with breakfast by the hippo-filled Mara River or toasting the sunset with “Sundowner” cocktails and canapés in the bush, you will be treated to an unforgettable dining experience with every meal. Three times a week, our dinners are accompanied by a traditional Maasai dance performance.
Dining-A MAASAI DINNER IN THE BUSH
Experience the extraordinary beauty, rich heritage and vibrant culture of Kenya’s Masai Mara with an array of activities and adventures created to inspire your spirit. From game viewing safaris to spot the “Big Five” (elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard and rhino) to hot air balloon rides high above the African savannah to abundant opportunities to explore the culture and enjoy the hospitality of the Maasai people, these unforgettable “bucket list” experiences will remain with you long after you depart.
- Swimming pool and sundeck
- Maisha gym and Spa that also features steam, sauna and offers a variety of beauty treatments*
- Daily Day & Night game drives with dedicated driver guides*
- Guided bird and nature walks*
- Safari sundowners*
- Bush BBQ Lunch and Dinner*
- Starlit Dinner*
- Ololoolo Escarpment Hike*
- Board games and library of Africana books
- Maasai Cultural talks
- Wildlife movies
- Tree planting
- Hot air balloon ride
Resident rates in Kshs
Mara Serena Safari Lodge Rates
|1st March -31st May 2023||28,000.00||17,500.00||8,000.00|
|1st – 30th June 2023||26,000.00||15,000.00||8,000.00|
- Applicable to residents of: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Sudan, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Eritrea, DR Congo
- Proof of residency will be required.
- Team building, Conference facilities, Air and Ground packages available
- Rates are applicable per night on Full board basis
Non Resident Rates in USD
Mara Serena Safari Lodge Rates
|Full Board||Ground Package|
|Dates||Single||Dbl/Twin||Triple||1st Night||Extra Night||SRS|
|02 Jan-31 Mar-23||264||367||505||303||278||48|
|01 Apr- 31 May–23||139||280||384||275||244||0|
|01 Jul- 31 Oct-23||457||692||952||459||430||61|
|01 Nov- 22 Dec–23||214||315||433||309||284||48|
|23 Dec-1 Jan-24||457||692||952||459||430||61|
|Full Board rates are per room while Ground package Rates are per Person per night|
- Easter Supplement USD 30 per person per day. (7th April to 10th April 2023)
- Festival Supplement – USD 35 per person per day -24,25,26,31st Dec 2023 & 1st Jan 2024.
- Extra Meal – USD 30.00 PP 2.3 Lunch Box – USD 25.00 PP 2.4 Half-board Reduction – USD 15.00 PP (Kenya Lodges & SWSC)
- Single room Policy : Refer to terms and conditions page.
- Suite Supplement- USD 300 Peak & High season; Mid & Low season USD 200.00,
Ground Package Includes:• Full board accommodation• Two game drives per day.• Airstrip transfers.• Hippo Pool breakfast at Mara Serena Safari Lodge
- Children under 6 yrs, sharing a room with an adult – Free.
- Children 6-12 yrs, sharing a room with an adult – 25% of the double rate per child.
- Children 6-12 yrs, in own room – 75% of the per person adult twin rate per child (minimum 2 children).
- Teens 13-17 yrs, in own room or sharing – 75% of adult rate.
- The above policy remains applicable on extra meals & Easter period supplements.
- Children below 3 yrs are not allowed at Lake Elmenteita Serena Camp.