Saruni Rhino Camp
Sera Conservancy Samburu
Tracking the Black Rhino in Deepest Africa with the Samburu
6 Reasons to Visit Saruni Rhino
- First community-owned rhino sanctuary in Africa
- First Black Rhino reintroduction to North Kenya
- Singing wells
- First Black Rhino Tracking Experience in East Africa
- Endless untouched landscape
- Unique Wildlife & Eco-System
- On-foot black rhino tracking inside the Rhino Sanctuary
- Game drives in the 839,000 acres-large Sera Conservancy
- Spectacular bird-watching, with the unique ‘show’ of tens of thousands of sand grouse that swoop to take the water, the flapping of their wings en masse creating one of the most sensory delights possible
- Waterhole sightings
- Swimming pool – relax & rejuvenation
- Sunset lugga walks
- Guided bush walks
- Bush meals – breakfast along the dry river bed and starlit dinners under the vast African skies
- Visit to ‘The Kisima Hamsini’, a series of 50 springs where local pastoralists take their livestock to water, and while they sing they also dig up water from the wells to fill up holders and troughs
- Visit to Reteti Elephant Sanctuary, providing protection for orphaned and abandoned elephant calves with an aim to release them back into the wild herds adjoining the Sanctuary (payable extra & bookable in advance ONLY)
- Helicopter and bi-plane excursions upon request (payable extra and bookable in advance ONLY)
Saruni Rhino Samburu 2023 Rates
|Per Person Sharing||900||740||530|
|Single Room Occupancy||1,080||870||650|
- High Season:July, August, September and 20 December 2023 – 02 January 2024
- Mid-Season:03 January – end February, June, October & 01-19 December 2023
Saruni Rhino Samburu 2023 Rates
Conservancy Fee:Adult USD 175 & Child(5-16 Yrs USD 58 per day
For family Villa: (any additional adult/child, standard sharing rate
- High:-July, August, September and 20 Dec-2 Jan 2025
- Mid:03 January – 28 February, June,October & 1-19 Dec
- Low: March, April, May & November 2024
- All rates are in US$ and per person per night (pppn) or per unit per night (pupn). Rates are subject to change with notice. Accommodation is subject to availability.
- The Rhino Tracking Experience is only available to guests over 16 years of age. Children under the age of 16 years can stay at Saruni Rhino paying the current child’s rate and conservation fee but due to safety reasons will not be permitted to participate in the Rhino Tracking Experience. Children under the age of 5 stay free of charge when sharing with parents/adults. See the Child Policy section in the accompanying Booking Procedures, Terms & Conditions.
- Conservation fees are subject to change by the private conservancies in which we operate.
- No Easter, Christmas or New Year supplements. The Saruni Rhino and Rhino Tracking Experience cannot be combined with any Saruni Offer. All guests travelling to Saruni must have comprehensive travel insurance, medical insurance and emergency evacuation coverage.
- Full board accommodation & limited laundry service
- Soft drinks, house wines, beers & select non-luxury spirits
- One Rhino tracking session per day (early morning or late afternoon)
- Shared day & night game drives in 4×4 vehicles and guided bush walks
- Bush meals, sundowner & picnic excursions
- Return airstrip transfers & to and from Saruni Samburu
- VAT & taxes
- Conservation fees (indicated above)
- Premium drinks (champagne, luxury spirits and special wines) available upon request in advance
- Additional Rhino tracking sessions
- Exclusive use of vehicle (US$350 per day)
- Own private guides (contact us for rates)
- Late departure fees (US$150 per adult / US$75 per child)
- Lunch on day of departure (US$35)
- Temporary Flying Doctors cover (mandatory)
- Any payable extra services
- Gratuities to staff & guides and anything of a personal nature
- All statutory increases beyond our control
Saruni Special Offers
Book 3 nights in the Mara and get a 4th night FREE Maximise the incredible game viewing in the Mara Valid at Saruni Mara & Saruni Wild: *Valid during Low Season: March, April, May & November 2023. Conservation fees payable for all nights.
Offers at the same property cannot be combined. This offer cannot be combined with the Saruni Honeymoon offer. This offer is applicable to non-Residents only. Please contact us for Resident rates and Special offers.
6 nights for 5 Special
Book a 6 night combination of Saruni Samburu / Saruni Rhino / Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild and get the 6th night FREE*Applicable all year round.
- Conservation fees payable for all nights.
- A minimum of two nights in Saruni Rhino.
- This offer cannot be combined with the Saruni Honeymoon offer.
- This offer is applicable to non-Residents only. Please contact us for Resident rates and Special offers.
- * The FREE night applies to any of the four Saruni properties.
Honeymoon Offer 50% OFF for the Bride
Book 4 nights or more for your honeymoon at Saruni Samburu or at Saruni Mara/Saruni Wild and get 50% OFF for the Bride
*Valid for new bookings during Mid and High seasons in 2023 only. This offer is valid for honeymoons for up to one year after the marriage date. Mid-season: 3rd January-28th February, June, October & 1st-19th December 2023.
High season: July, August, September and 20th December 2023-2nd January 2024. Conservation fees payable for all nights.
Valid when 4 nights or more are spent at Saruni Samburu or at Saruni Mara (Saruni Wild can be used for this offer in combination with Saruni Mara) This offer does not include Saruni Rhino. This offer cannot be combined with any other Saruni offer. This offer is applicable to non-Residents only.
Please contact us for Resident rates and Special offers