Mara Explorer Camp
Mara Explorer Camp
Why Mara Explorer?
- Ten luxury river-facing tents, with hand crafted four-poster king size beds
- The wildest out-door bath tubs in the Masai Mara
- Unbridled view of many animals from the comfort of the camp
- Connectivity with our sister camp in Samburu and luxury resorts in the coast for complete safari circuits
- Located in the middle of the four game viewing areas of the Masai Mara Reserve
- Good game viewing and birding all year through
- Own airstrip just a quick 3-minute drive from the camp and 45 minutes flight from Nairobi
- Open sided safari jeeps for best game viewing
- 3 drives in the game reserve daily
- Knowledgeable and gold-certified guides
- Free Wifi in the public areas
Services & Activities
- Nature Walk:A two-hour nature walk in Mara Explorer at no extra cost with our Maasai naturalist will see you identify more than 30 species of plants, spot a variety of birds and pick up some survival tips like knowing how to behave in the presence of wild animals.
- Hor Air Ballon Safari:Enjoy the thrill of an early morning hot air balloon ride where you can enjoy the spectacle of the Masai Mara sunrise and the aerial view of big game scattered across the rolling plains of the reserve. Provided at an extra cost.
- Bush Dinning:If dining at the camp proves a tad too tame, you can head out to wilder settings and enjoy sumptuous bush breakfasts and dinners in the bush including sundowners within sight of a lion or a herd of elephants or the hippos snorting in the river below. It’s the ultimate African appetizer.
- Sundowner:Instead of meeting at the bar for a drink, why not meet somewhere in the Mara for a sundowner where you can sip a cocktail by the campfire and watch the sun melt in the horizon. Evenings in the Mara come alive with the night animals like the bat-eared fox, the owls and the big cats like the lion and the leopard stirring to hunt under the cover of darkness. You simply cannot miss to drink a toast to Africa’s incredible diversity of wildlife.
- Guided Game Reserve Safari:Three guided drives in the game reserve everyday (Included free with every stay) – the early morning from 6 am to 9 am; the midmorning after breakfast and finally the late afternoon from 3.30 pm returning to camp at sunset. Or you can indulge in a full day game safari to the Mara River with a packed picnic breakfast and/or lunch. The 4×4 safari jeeps which are used for daily game safaris are specially modified to allow for more legroom and roof racks open for the best game viewing and photography.
- Cultural Visits
Mara Explore Camp 2023Rates
- High:2nd Jan-2nd Apr & 1st Nov-22nd Dec
- Low:3rd Apr-30th June
- Peak: 1st July-31st Oct
- Festive:23rd Dec-1st Jan 2024
The rates include:Early morning tea/coffee, breakfast,lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, 3 game drives and airstrip transfers, personal butler, bush breakfast, bush dinner,bush/bird walk, laundry, soft drinks,local beers and wine.V.A.T., training levy and service charge:
Not included:Park entrance fees, private daytime game drive and items of personal nature such as telephone