Mara Expedition Camp
- Accommodation:Fully inclusive of all scheduled wildlife viewing activities, meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, including imported spirits and champagne. Park fees and flights are additional.
- Complimentary WiFi is available for guest’s use in their tent.
- Number of Guests:Mara Expedition Camp can accommodate up to 12 guests sharing in six classic safari styled tents.
- An additional guide’s tent is available.Children from 6 years are welcome. Families will be joined by other guests on all scheduled game viewing activities. Private game drive vehicle hire is not available at this camp.
- Uniquely designed custom tents on slightly raised platforms;
- Large bedroom with attached bathroom;
- Either twin or double bed configuration;
- Classic in style, the shaded tents are of light tan canvas with plenty of netted windows and high ceilings;
- Tea and Coffee station;
- One 2-Bedroom Family custom-designed canvas tent on a slightly raised platform consisting of two bedrooms,each with their own separate bathroom and dressing area;
- En-suite with flush loo, double brass basins and a campaign-styled indoor shower;
- Hot water is provided;
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion provided;
- The power system does not support hairdryers, shavers or any high wattage device.
ACCOMMODATING CHILDREN AND SHARING ACCOMMODATION
- We look forward to having children stay with us who are 6 years and older;
- The family tent can accommodate a family of 2 adults and 1 or 2 children;
- No triples possible;
- Families with children may be accommodated in the same vehicle as other guests unless a private vehicle is booked and paid for;
- Young children must be supervised as the camp is open,with high predator densities in and around camp;
- Great Plains Young Explorers Kid’s program is available –thoughtfully designed to explore various experiences and topics from birding to cooking to art to tracking wildlife.
morning and late afternoon / early evening game drives in an open, 4×4 vehicle
and guided walks.
flights across the Maasai Mara can be arranged but are at an additional cost.
Mara Expedition Camp Rates
|2023 Room rates||2024 Room Rates|
|Per person per night sharing||$ 860||$750||$ 1 130||$ 955||$835||$ 1 255|
|Single supplement*||$ 430||$375||$565||$ 478||$418||$628|
|Children sharing with adult rate (6 – 15 years)||$ 430||$375||$565||$ 478||$418||$628|
|2-BEDROOM FAMILY TENT (OPENING 6 JUNE 2023)|
|Per 2-bedroom family tent per night||n/a||$ 2 250||$ 3 390||$ 2 865||$ 2 505||$ 3 765|
|Late check out rate||Not Available|
|Compulsory Maasai Mara National Reserve fee||$ 80 per adult per night | $ 45 per child (06-15 years)**||$ 80 per adult per night | $ 45 per child (06-15 years)**|
|Great Plains Foundation Conservation & Community Contribution||$ 50 per person (of any age) per night||$ 95 per person (of any age) per night|
- Mid: 11 January – 31 March 2023
- Low: 01 April – 14 June & 01 November – 19 December 2023
- High: 15 June – 31 October & 20 December 2023 – 10 January 2024
- Children are accommodated from a minimum age of 6 years.
- Activities will cater to family ability & safety. Some activities may have a specific age related restriction – please refer to the general notes at the end of this manual.
- The 2-Bedroom Family Suite sleeps 3 adults sharing or 2 adults and 2 children of 6-15 years.
- Should the family tent be unavailable, child rates are applicable for up to one child aged 15 and younger sharing with one adult in a tent.
- Children 16 and older will pay applicable adult rates and be accommodated in a separate tent.
- Families will be combined with other guests for all game viewing activities.
- Fully inclusive of accommodation, scheduled activities in the Maasai Mara National Reserve and Mara North Conservancy, all meals, laundry, return Ol Kiombo airstrip road transfers, non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages including premium beverages.
- Guided bush walks are also available on site at this property, at the camp manager’s discretion.
- Exclusive of conservation/park fees (amount subject to change without notice), and hot air ballooning which should be booked in advance.
- The return scheduled seat in plane air transfers from Nairobi Wilson to this camp are excluded from the full nightly rate. However, when combined with a Great Plains Conservation Réserve Collection Maasai Mara-based camp on a minimum 2-night stay in each camp, return scheduled air transfers to/from Nairobi Wilson are included.
- The Maasai Mara National Reserve and Great Plains Foundation Conservation & Community levy is applicable to all private pilot / guide stays.
- ** Maasai Mara park fee is subject to change without prior notice.
- *For all multiple single-room reservations in shoulder and low season, a single supplement will apply from the 2nd single room.
- Local airlines offer daily scheduled flights between Nairobi’s Wilson airport and Maasai Mara’s Ol Kiombo airstrip. Schedule and rates available on request. Minimum 2 guests required per flight.
- Local airlines use a variety of aircraft ranging from a Cessna Caravan (12 seats) to a 40-seat aircraft. The flying times are approximate as the service could land at additional airstrips en route, depending on passenger demand.
- The camp has one complimentary use professional camera body and lens set. Photos will be downloaded to a memory stick on guest’s departure.