The Virgin Limited Group Masai Mara Luxury Safari Camp-
Romantic Honeymoon Safaris
Great Safari Offers Just for You
Masai Mara Olare Motorogi Conservancy
Mahali Mzuri means ‘beautiful place’ in Swahili, and we hope you agree! Mahali Mzuri is Sir Richard Branson’s 12-tented luxury safari camp located in the private Olare Motorogi Conservancy in the wider Maasai Mara ecosystem in Kenya. Due to Mahali Mzuri’s excellent location on the Kenyan plains, you’ll have a front row seat, not just to the annual great migration, but also to the abundant game you can see all year round. During our twice daily game drives, you will have the opportunity to see lions, wildebeest, elephants, giraffes and cheetahs, but that’s just for starters!
Mahali Mzuri Family Fun
Things to Do at Mahali Mzuri In Masai Mara-Experiences
- Day & Nights Game Drives:Game drives filled to the brim with exciting African wildlife sightings. At Mahali Mzuri we have twice daily game drives which are filled to the brim with exciting wildlife sightings as well as romantic scenery and dramatic views.Night Game drives Available on request
- Relax: Relax in our Main Tent that features an open but snuggly lounge area with fireplace, a library of books, iPads, iPod docking stations and speaker systems and a TV/DVD.
- Maasai Community Tours:-During a stay at Mahali Mzuri, visit one of the nearby Maasai villages, just a short drive from camp, to get a flavour for daily life in the Mara, meet the community and learn more about the local Maasai tribe.
- Explore Maasai Community Experience
- Spa Treatments
- Hot Air Balllon Safaris
The Mahali Mzuri teams are able to tailor a range of activities for our younger guests, here are just some examples of what your ‘little warriors’ may get up to during their stay at Mahali Mzuri:
- Tracking skills are put to the test with a treasure hunt around the camp
- Walks around the camp to spot birds, insects, lizards and many other creatures
- Watch The Lion King or Madagascar on DVD, and spot some of the characters’ friends from the game vehicles during the day
Little Warriors is not a fixed kids’ programme. Our staff members are happy to help organise activities, but are unable to watch over children at all times. Parental supervision is therefore required for all suggested activities. Please note that some of these activities are subject to availability.
Mahali Mzuri Camp Rates
Non Resident Rates in US$ Per night
|2023 Rates in US$|
|Per Person Sharing||990||1,700||1,600|
|Exclusive Use of camp||22,600||38,800||36,500|
|2024 Rates in US$|
|Per Person Sharing||1,100||1,900||1,800|
|Exclusive Use of camp||25,100||43,300||41,000|
A minimum two night stay applies over the festive season.
- Low Season: 7 January – 14 June; 1 November – 19 December
- Migration/Peak Season: 15 June – 31 October
- Festive Season: 20 December 2024 – 4 January 2025
- Your accommodation in our luxury tents
- Twice daily game drives in 13,500 hectares, night time game drives are subject to availability
- All meals and drinks (including alcoholic beverages)
- Unlimited access to the exclusive Olare Motorogi Conservancy
- Transfers from Olare Orok airstrip (25 minutes drive from camp)
- Visits to the local markets
- Complimentary wireless internet available throughout the camp
- Laundry service (dry cleaning not available)
- All taxes and local levies
During peak season our rates also include one complimentary day pass per adult to the Maasai Mara National Reserve when you book at least 3 nights
Available on request-(Not included in individual or exclusive use rates)
- Transfers to the domestic and international airports
- Private vehicles are available and can be pre-booked subject to availability, they are charged at USD 790 per vehicle per day
- Relaxing spa treatments
- Cultural day trips to learn more about the Maasai Tribe
- Hot air ballooning
- Day trips to the Maasai Mara National Reserve (additional park fees may apply)
- Medical insurance – AMREF (please ask our reservations team for more information)
- Lunch on day of departure (additional cost will apply)
- At Mahali Mzuri children over the age of two years old are very welcome and we have two family tents so that our Little Warriors (as we call them) can stay with their parents.
- Children between the age of two and five can stay free of charge, whilst children aged between 6-15 years are charged USD 950 per person, per night.
- Families with children aged 2-6 years old can join game drives but are required to travel in a closed vehicle (available for hire at USD 460 per day with car seats on request).
Enquire Mahali Mzuri exclusively for anniversary celebrations, birthdays or any type of gathering where you might like the place to yourselves! Exclusive use is quoted per night for use of all 12 tents and facilities. Exclusive use rates usually apply when booking seven or more tents