Olkirimatian Conservancy near Lake Magadi Kenya
Lentorre Lodge has a spectacular and remote location on the southern highlands of the Great Rift Valley in Kenya. Not far from the intensely alkaline lakes Magadi and Natron, and with views of Shompole Mountain in front, the lodge sits on a ridge at the foot of the escarpment in the 25,000 hectare Olkirimatian Conservancy which is owned by the local Masai community
- Unmatched, real cultural journeys
- Designed for families, kids and groups, give kids and families the experience of a lifetime through interaction, education, exposure, activities…. And most importantly- fun!
- Stunning vistas and wilderness: Base a helicopter in camp and take to the sky for trips that will take your breath away
- Viewing and photography hide and waterhole in the comfort of campTrue Privacy: Private car, private guide, private lodge, private conservancy guaranteeing exclusive wildlife viewing, from only 6 guests
- Incredible biodiversity: Salt and soda lakes, fresh water rivers, thick forests, savannah plains, mountains, hills, salt pans and forests.
- Incomparable, up close Flamingo and Lake Bird viewing…
A Family Lodge
Lentorre Lodge is a family owned and operated property in Kenya, ideally suited for exclusive use of the lodge and area for groups. For photographers Lentorre lodge have a focus on hides and aerial photography. From a more conventional safari point of view thelodge approach is proper wild drives, incredible Maasai culture, walking and hiking, tracking, tubing a river, night drives, Helicopter trips and some of the most incredible scenery and biodiversity (salt lakes to fresh water rivers and springs, salt pans to savannah and dense forest). The Lodge try to get people connected with their surroundings, and to have a great time. Kindly note that we have a responsible lease agreement with the local community, and a good portion of your guests safari is paid to the local community in conservation fees, bednight fees, and lease fees. Our crew is made up 95% from the local community, and we support the local farmers and shops. By travelling with us you are making a direct contribution to conservation of one of Kenya’s truly wild spaces.
Wildlife & Activities
The landscape in the Rift Valley is of volcanic origin, and as a result offers an astonishing variety of habitats, ranging from dense forests beside the springs and rivers flowing out of the escarpment, acacia woodland, open grassland, marshes, distant views of the active volcano in Tanzania, Ol Donyo Lengai, and the soda lakes. The wildlife on Olkirimatian and adjacent Shompole conservancies is varied and includes all of East Africa’s iconic species except rhino. Activities at Lentorre include day and night wildlife drives on 85,000 hectares of private Masai owned land, walking safaris of varying lengths, bush meals, bird watching, fishing, and getting to know about the fascinating culture of the welcoming Masai people.
Lentorre Lodge Non Resident 2023 Rates in US$
Valid till Jan 31,2024
- Per person Sharing USD 850 Per Night
- Child (5-15 years) USD 590 Per Night
Included are: Full board accommodation, All beverages including premium wines and spirits, Day and night game drives,Laundry, Sundowner, Guided bush and nature walks,Tubing on the river (dependent on the river levels and speeds),Airstrip transfers
- Adult Conservancy fees $ 80/Child Conservancy fees $ 40
- Bush dinners or Bush breakfast $ 35 pp
- Champagne, Gratuities and any expenses of personal nature.
- Boma/ Village visit (per group) $ 100
- Cultural experience with Maasai dances and explanations, per Maasai $ 10(please get in touch- we love to do LARGE dances of over 50/100!!
- Speaking with community Elders ($ 20 per elder) $ 20
- Astronomy per night with professional astronomer and telescope $ 850
- Maasai dances per group (10 Warriors and 10 Ladies) $ 100
- Helicopter journeys- quoted as per groups needs Get in touch
Lentorre Lodge Resident Rates in KSHS
Valid till Jan 31,2024
- Per adult per night Kshs 25,000 Per Night
- Per child (05yrs to 15yrs) per night Kshs 18,000
Please note: The above rate is inclusive of all meals, beers, soft drinks & water, laundry, walks, sundowner set ups sent in guest vehicles, and conservancy fees for all guests and cars. All game drives will be in your own vehicle but we will provide a local spotter for the area.
Game Package with Selected Beverages (Minimum of 4 Paying Guests)
- Per adult per night Kshs 29,700
- Per child (05yrs to 15yrs) per night Kshs 20,700
Please note: The above rate is inclusive of all meals, beers, soft drinks & water, laundry, walks, sundowner set ups, shared morning and evening game drives in Lentorre vehicles, spotter for vehicle during game drives, and conservancy fees for all guests.
- Infants below 05yrs – Free of Charge
- Wines, spirits and tips are not included in either of the rates but are stocked in camp at reasonable costs.
- The generator is switched off from 10:30p.m. till 05:30a.m. If you plan on using the Hide overnight or require the fans to be on throughout your stay, the generator will need to run 24/7. The cost for this is KShs 8,000 per night (not per person).
- Check in time is 11:30a.m.
- Check out time from the Lodge is 10:00a.m. at the very latest.
- Extra lunches are charged at KShs 3,500 per adult and KShs 1,500 per child.