Kicheche Valley, located in acacia woodlands in a secluded valley of the Naboisho Conservancy, is an intimate luxury tented camp. The six luxurious tents, built in a unique style incorporating high eco-standards, are set on platforms and provide the perfect base to see the stunning wildlife and wilderness.The personal touch of our hosts and limited numbers of guests will ensure a memorable stay at this special location.
Rates from US$ 640
- 6 tents, octagonal in shape, set on a wooden platform
- En-suite bathroom with running solar heated water.
- Central dining and lounge area with stunning view on the valley and the extensive Mara plains
- Small shop
- Small spa for massages, pedicure, manicure
- Water dispensers in the tents and communal area to refill your complimentary water bottle
- Charging facilities in the tents (except for hair dryers)
- WIFI in the lounge
Under the stars dining or communal dining with your host in the restaurant, the choice is yours. From the coconut and coastal spices to the Maasai beef, Kicheche Valley’s kitchen is a feast for the senses.
- Naboisho, which means coming together in Maa language, is a successful community venture to preserve the land and its wildlife through tourism revenues.
- 52,000 acres (210 km2) of private land dedicated to wildlife conservation.
- The highest density of giraffes in the Maasai Mara ecosystem.
Our highly rated guides and the strict controls on bed and vehicle numbers in this community driven wildlife conservation area ensure a high quality African safari and wilderness experience all year round. Our guides not only have the most up to date knowledge on where to locate fauna but they are also used to their habits and behavior having done thousands of game drives – this is their back yard.
- Game drives, day and night
- Bird watching
- Mara fly camping
- Mara Wilderness Package
- Massages and yoga
- Village visit
- Community Trust projects visit
Non Resident Rates In USD Per Person per Night
|Per Person Per Night||840||695||640|
- Peak: 01 July – 31 Oct 23 20 Dec 23 – 02 Jan 24
- Mid: 03 Jan – 28 Feb 23
- Green: 01 Mar – 15 Apr 23,15 May – 30 Jun 23 & 01 Nov – 21 Dec 23
- CLOSED 15 APRIL – 15 MAY
Child rates –
- Young adults 12-17 years: 75% of adult rate. They pay 50% if guests share a Triple or Quad tent.
- Children 3 – 11 years: 50% of the adult rate.
- Infants under 3: free of charge, however, note that our camps are not very conducive to infants
- Family Quad Tents: available at Mara and Valley camps.
- Family Suites: available at Mara and Laikipia camps (rates listed above)
- Mara Conservancy fees: 50% of adult fees for all children & teens 17 years and below.
- Laikipia Conservancy fees: 50% of adult fees for all children 11 years and below.
- Junior ranger: complimentary activity at Kicheche Laikipia.
Rates Includes: Airstrip transfers; full board accommodation including picnics & drinks, shared game-viewing drives, night drives, escorted bush walks, bush breakfasts, laundry, and a $5 per night Community Trust contribution. Rates do not include the use of a private vehicle or late departure fee
2023 Special Offers
- Conservancy Safari – a combination of Laikipia + Mara or Valley Camp 6 for 5 OFFER valid throughout 2023. The Free night is at Laikipia Camp and Conservancy fee payable.
- Kicheche Valley Honeymoon Offer – brides 50% off valid 2023 (Aug-Sep 25% off) and a half-hour free massage. (Travel within 12 months of wedding)
- Long Stay Discount 10% rate reduction – for 6 nights or more
Walking Wilderness Safari
A wonderful 5-night package in the Maasai Mara, run on an exclusive basis, offering two nights at Kicheche Valley, a walk across the Naboisho Conservancy to our mobile wild Camping for one night, and a morning walk through Olare Motorogi Conservancy into Kicheche Bush for two nights.Rates for this safari are Rates per person sharing, Min 2 pax. And are INCLUSIVE of conservancy fees, excluding flights
Conservancy Fee: Our conservancy charges cover the community leases and management of our Conservancies.
Mara National Reserve: Our camps are in exceptional wildlife areas with low density tourism numbers and there is no need to visit the Mara National Reserve to view cheetahs, leopards, elephants etc. Should guests wish to make a visit to the Reserve there will be an additional charge (currently $80 per person). A sole-use vehicle charge is also applicable outside of the peak migration period July-October.