Kicheche Mara Camp is a classic tented camp hidden in a beautiful valley in a prime wildlife area of the Mara North Conservancy. The luxury tents are laid out alongside a seasonal stream from where you can observe the resident birdlife and plains game beyond.The location is ideal as game viewing frequently starts in the camp itself and there is prime wildlife habitat on all sides providing an ideal base for your safari in the Masai Mara.The family suite is a perfect new addition with two separate bedrooms (double & twin/triple) with ensuite bathrooms. The bedrooms are connected by a lounge furnished with a sofa and small table enabling private dining.
Mara North Conservancy
- Bordering the Mara Reserve, one of the biggest conservancies in the area
- Amazing game viewing all year round
- The camp is located in an Acacia Valley, a prime wildlife area, in this top-quality Conservancy, and game viewing frequently starts in the camp itself. Access is from Mara North airstrip, a 20 minutes’ drive away
- Game drives in customized 4WD safari vehicles with one of our Silver guides.
- Guided walks
- Community:Get an inspiring presentation from our Trust Ambassador on the work done by the Kicheche Community Trust.
- Add a back of the house tour to understand how the camp operates with wildlife conservation in mind
- Visit a combination of tourism, wildlife conservation, environmental education and community based micro enterprises. This excursion provides a brief glimpse into the lives of our community and the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead
- Allow 2 hours; this visit is usually made after lunch allowing guests to continue on their afternoon game drive.
With only eight tents an intimate and relaxed atmosphere is assured. All tents are overlooking the Olare Orok stream and the western escarpment of the valley. Triple and Quad family tents (1 double & 2 single beds) are also available
Spacious en-suite bathroom with running hot and cold water
The camp lounge has a stunning view down the valley and offers comfortable seating, a library, board games and local crafts
The camp prides itself on offering a friendly and intimate stay, with our hosts treating you as welcome guests, not just travel statistics. The camp is hosted and there is a team of attentive staff ensuring personal warmth and attention to any needs during your stay Meals are taken in our dining tent or in the shade of a large euclea tree with a beautiful view down the valley Water dispenser in the tents to refill your complimentary water bottles.
While the whole ethos of Kicheche is based around a small camp sharing safari experiences, we understand that after a whole year of work and often stress back home, it is nice for families to enjoy their African Holiday retreat on their own sometimes.
The family suite is a perfect new addition to Kicheche Mara Camp, with two separate bedrooms (double & twin/triple) with ensuite bathrooms. The bedrooms are connected by a lounge furnished with a sofa and small table enabling private dining. You can combine Kicheche Laikipia and Kicheche Mara Camp in family suites for an exceptional family safari.
Related Kicheche Camps: Kicheche Bush Camp– Kicheche Mara Camp–Kicheche Valley Camp– & Kicheche Laikipia
Non Resident rates In USD Per Person Per Night
|Per Person Sharing||820||670||610|
- Peak: 01 July – 31 Oct 23 20 Dec 23 – 02 Jan 24
- Mid: 03 Jan – 28 Feb 23
- Green: 01 Mar – 15 Apr 23,15 May – 30 Jun 23 & 01 Nov – 21 Dec 23
- CLOSED 15 APRIL – 15 MAY
Child rates –
- Young adults 12-17 years: 75% of adult rate. They pay 50% if guests share a Triple or Quad tent.
- Children 3 – 11 years: 50% of the adult rate.
- Infants under 3: free of charge, however, note that our camps are not very conducive to infants
- Family Quad Tents: available at Mara and Valley camps.
- Family Suites: available at Mara and Laikipia camps (rates listed above)
- Mara Conservancy fees: 50% of adult fees for all children & teens 17 years and below.
- Laikipia Conservancy fees: 50% of adult fees for all children 11 years and below.
- Junior ranger: complimentary activity at Kicheche Laikipia.
Rates Includes: Airstrip transfers; full board accommodation including picnics & drinks, shared game-viewing drives, escorted bush walks, laundry, and a $5 per night Community Trust contribution. Rates do not include the use of a private vehicle or late departure fee
Excluded Activities:Fly Camping Excursions $200pp min 2 pax, Hot Air ballooning from $515pp only
*All Excluded Activity rates are subject to changes.
2023 Special Offers
Conservancy Safari – a combination of Laikipia + Mara or Valley Camp 6 for 5 OFFER valid throughout 2023. The Free night is at Laikipia Camp and Conservancy fee payable.
Long Stay Discount 10% rate reduction – for 6 nights or more
Walking Wilderness Safari
A wonderful 5-night package in the Maasai Mara, run on an exclusive basis, offering two nights at Kicheche Valley, a walk across the Naboisho Conservancy to our mobile wild Camping for one night, and a morning walk through Olare Motorogi Conservancy into Kicheche Bush for two nights.Rates for this safari are Rates per person sharing, Min 2 pax. And are INCLUSIVE of conservancy fees, excluding flights
Conservancy Fee: Our conservancy charges cover the community leases and management of our Conservancies.
Mara National Reserve: Our camps are in exceptional wildlife areas with low density tourism numbers and there is no need to visit the Mara National Reserve to view cheetahs, leopards, elephants etc. Should guests wish to make a visit to the Reserve there will be an additional charge (currently $80 per person). A sole-use vehicle charge is also applicable outside of the peak migration period July-October.