An eco-award-winning small luxurious tented camp nestled in the shadows of Mount Kenya at the foot of an indigenous forest overlooking a waterhole. The camp’s squeaky green safari chic marries beautifully and sensitively with the natural highs of her surrounds in the wilderness zone of Ol Pejeta
- There are only six luxurious tents and an intimate and personalized atmosphere prevails in this superbly hosted camp, one of them is a spacious family suite with 2 bedrooms and ensuite bathrooms. The bedrooms are connected by a lounge furnished with a sofa and a small table enabling private dining.
- The spacious well-furnished lounge and dining tent have two roaring fires for the cooler evenings.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are often taken al-fresco and pre-dinner drinks and star gazing are a must under the great African sky.
- Game viewing is also possible from the comfort of your verandah, overlooking the dam, a magnet for wildlife during the dry season.
- Water dispensers in the tent to refill your complimentary water bottles.
- Charging facilities in your tent. Lighting is supplied 24 hours; however, the solar system does not allow hair dryers.
- WIFI in the lounge
Remote fine dining at its best
The most delicious food made to keep any guest’s appetite happy, prepared daily using only the finest locally sourced fresh ingredients.
Laikipia is famous for the creative cuisine the chefs prepare. From starter to dessert, from outstanding bush breakfast with different selections every day to the sundowner snacks, they offer a feast for the gourmets
There is an extensive range of activities available and there is an outstanding guiding team to look after you in the field.
The camp is in the low vehicle density wilderness zone of the conservancy and the wildlife viewing is a very private and rewarding activity. Not only is this East Africa’s largest black rhino sanctuary there is also a myriad of other wildlife to be seen including elephant, lion, cheetah, wild dog and abundant plains game. Ol Pejeta Conservancy also permits Night Game Drives which focus on species not seen on regular day drives.
While in Ol Pejeta, you can visit the Morani Center and the endangered species enclosure with the last remaining Northern White Rhinos on the planet, the chimpanzees sanctuary, or pay a visit to the anti-poaching dogs. (some activities at a fee). For the more active visitors, canoeing, horse riding, mountain biking and bush walks.
Laikipia Wild Camping
Add an extra day to your stay and travel outside Ol Pejeta Conservancy into the stunning Lolldaiga Hills offering excellent walking terrain. 49,000 acres of wilderness from cedar forests to open grasslands and valleys, outstanding views, 104 mammals, 385 bird species.You will be escorted by a Kicheche guide and overnight in a mobile campsite. Back the following day for lunch at Kicheche Laikipia.
Related Kicheche Camps-Kicheche Mara,Kicheche Valley, Kicheche Bush
Kicheche laikipia Camp Rates
Non Resident 2023 Rates in USD
|Per Person Per Night||820||610||560|
- Peak: 01 July – 31 Oct 23 20 Dec 23 – 02 Jan 24
- Mid: 03 Jan – 28 Feb 23
- Green: 01 Mar – 15 Apr 23,15 May – 30 Jun 23 & 01 Nov – 21 Dec 23
- CLOSED 15 APRIL – 15 MAY
Child rates –
- Young adults 12-17 years: 75% of adult rate. They pay 50% if guests share a Triple or Quad tent.
- Children 3 – 11 years: 50% of the adult rate.
- Infants under 3: free of charge, however, note that our camps are not very conducive to infants
- Family Quad Tents: available at Mara and Valley camps.
- Family Suites: available at Mara and Laikipia camps (rates listed above)
- Mara Conservancy fees: 50% of adult fees for all children & teens 17 years and below.
- Laikipia Conservancy fees: 50% of adult fees for all children 11 years and below.
- Junior ranger: complimentary activity at Kicheche Laikipia.
Rates Includes: Airstrip transfers; full board accommodation including picnics & drinks, shared game-viewing drives, night drives, escorted bush walks, laundry,canoeing and mountain biking and a $5 per night Community Trust contribution. Rates do not include the use of a private vehicle or late departure fee.
2023 Special Offers
- Conservancy Safari – a combination of Laikipia + Mara or Valley Camp 6 for 5 OFFER valid throughout 2023. The Free night is at Laikipia Camp and Conservancy fee payable.
- and a half-hour free massage. (Travel within 12 months of wedding)
- Long Stay Discount 10% rate reduction – for 6 nights or more
Walking Wilderness Safari
A wonderful 5-night package in the Maasai Mara, run on an exclusive basis, offering two nights at Kicheche Valley, a walk across the Naboisho Conservancy to our mobile wild Camping for one night, and a morning walk through Olare Motorogi Conservancy into Kicheche Bush for two nights.Rates for this safari are Rates per person sharing, Min 2 pax. And are INCLUSIVE of conservancy fees, excluding flights
Conservancy Fee: Our conservancy charges cover the community leases and management of our Conservancies.
About Ol Pejeta Conservancy
With 90,000 acres of wilderness, the Conservancy is home to Kenya’s largest population of Black Rhino, large numbers of elephant, cheetah, lion, leopard, African wild dog and plentiful plains game. There are also a number of the rarer Northern species such as Grevys Zebra, Jackson’s Hartebeest and Beisa Oryx.The Conservancy lies on the Equator 30 minutes drive from Nanyuki airstrip and affords wonderful views of Mt Kenya