Governors’ Il Moran-Masai Mara
- Location:On the Mara River in the Masai Mara Game Reserve, Kenya.
- Facilities:Combined spacious and luxurious bar and mess tent and dining tent overlooking the Mara River, souvenir shop and reception.
- Spa treatments:We offer a range of spa treatments at Il Moran, which can be done within the comfort and privacy of your tent
- Meals:Breakfast is a continental and Full English, lunch is served as a buffet with fresh salads al fresco and dinner is a la carte in the main dining tent. We cater for special diets on request. Bush meals are available to book at an extra cost.
- Game drives:We offer three game drives per full day on safari, these take place inside the Masai Mara National Park. Picnics / packed meals can be provided for those who would like to head out on full or half day game drives. Snacks and drinks are also provided in the cars.
- Tents:Very spacious luxurious safari tents under canvas, each with private verandah, ensuite bathrooms with bath, large shower, twin basins, flush toilet, running cold and hot water.
- Toiletries:Please note that we provide a lovely range of ‘Cinnabar Green’ toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap and body lotion) in the tents. These products are refilled into reusable metal canisters so as to reduce on plastic waste. They are also handmade in Kenya with natural ingredients and are therefore in keeping with the sensitive environment in which we operate. We urge you to please use our products rather than your own. These toiletries are supplied for the duration of your stay with us, and if you would like to buy some to take onwards with you, we sell the full range in the camp gift shop.
- Electricity and Wifi:Electric lights in the tents, 220/240 UK Volt plugs for charging cameras and phones. All tents have USB charging ports. We also carry a stock of international plug adapters. Wifi is available in camp.
- Game Viewing
- Balloon Safari
- Wildebeest Migration
- Night and Day Game Drives on Mugie
- Boat Safari on Lake Naivasha
- Canoeing on Mugie Dam
- Lion Tracking on Mugie
- Walking Safari
- Masai Cultural Visits
- Tala the Giraffe
Governors’ IL Moran Camp 2023 Rates
|1 Jan-31 Mar,June & 1 Nov-15 Dec||830||830||540|
|April & May||605||605||393|
|1 July-31 Oct & 16-312 Dec||1300||1625||845|
Non Resident Masai Mara park Fee: Adult USD 80 Child USD 40 Per day
full board accommodation, 3 meals per person per night booked, & all soft drinks, beers and house wines, laundry, together with applicable VAT thereon, and transportation of tourists. Transportation of tourists will be in our custom built 4WD vehicles. It includes all air strip transfers and two extended excursions daily into the famous Masai Mara National Reserve and surrounding areas, to local Masai Villages (Manyattas), and to / from the local schools and other community and conservation projects we support and which guests may wish to visit. The amounts invoiced for transportation of tourists are shown separately on each client invoice and the charge for each service is clearly stated on the invoice.
Rates exclude :-Champagnes, selected fine wines, spirits and liqueurs, personal expenses, Manyatta entrance fees and Park Fees . Only children over 8 years of age will be accommodated in this camp.