The Great Rift Valley Lodge and Golf Resort
Great Rift Valley Lodge and Golf Resort Naivasha
From its panoramic perch above Lake Naivasha, the Great Rift Valley Lodge enjoys one of humankind’s oldest views – over the sweeping floor of the world’s largest valley.The lodge is located about 7000 ft (2130m) above sea level, on Ol Donyo Opurru, Maa for “mountain of smoke”. This elevation enjoys 360° vistas that stretch from the sparkling waters of Lake Naivasha to the jagged volcanic crater of Mount Longonot, to the Ol Donyo Opurru (or Ebburu) Hills, and beyond to the shoulders of the Aberdare Mountains and Forest. The Lodge is an ideal alternative to a city hotel, a perfect weekend getaway, and an ideal safari stopover between Masai Mara and Samburu, two of Kenya’s most famous game reserves.
Great Rift Valley Lodge Accommodation
The Great Rift Valley Lodge offers 21 twin and 9 double rooms, all with private balconies overlooking the spectacular expanse of the Rift Valley.
21 double/twin, 9 triple rooms
Rustic meets modern in our spacious Lodge Rooms, each with a private balcony overlooking a spectacular slice of the Great Rift Valley. Large four-poster beds, hand-made wooden furniture and modern en-suite bathrooms make for an ultra-comfortable stay. Some Lodge Rooms have interconnecting doors, ideal for families and groups.
25 deluxe suites, 74 standard rooms
For simple and sophisticated elegance, Longonot Villas are just the ticket. Each duplex villa has three floors: A deluxe suite with a lounge and kitchenette/dining room on the upper-level and a gallery en suite bedroom; two spacious en suite Standard Rooms on the lower level, opening up to a private garden.
20, 2- and 3-bedroomed villas
Breathtaking views over Aberdare Mountains and Forest is reason enough to choose a Clifftop Aberdare Villa. Alternatively, pick a Garden Aberdare Villa with natural landscaped gardens that flow around terraces. Each 3-bedroom Aberdare Villa is thoughtfully furnished and equipped, perfect for a restorative get-awa
Offering gorgeous views over the greens, ranges and obstacles on the golf course, and the Aberdares, Mount Longonot and Lake Naivasha beyond, charming Chalets, each uniquely designed and furnished, dot the property. Chalets all have a fully equipped kitchen, dining room, lounge, and between 2 and 4 bedrooms. Most have an outdoor barbeque grill, ideal for friends and families vacations and reunions.
Food & Beverage
At GRVL, we take food seriously, and believe that good food starts with good ingredients. Our meats, fish and fresh vegetables are carefully sourced from trusted farmers and suppliers. And our salad greens come from our own eco-garden, for that just-picked freshness and flavour. Our restaurants have a wide selection of wines, spirits and juices to go with your delicious meal.
Meetings & Events
The 1,400 square-metre GRVL Conference Centre, with Smart meeting rooms, a dedicated business centre, and adjoining Cepheus Restaurant, will meet the needs of your meeting, large or small, in-person or hybrid. Our dedicated conferencing team is on hand to make your conferencing experience smooth, rewarding, and stress-free.
Exquisitely decorated meeting rooms, high-speed internet and state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities allow seamless international conferencing and real-time collaboration.
Salient features include:
- UHD video wall and smart UHD Televisions
- Wireless presentation
- Real-time digital collaboration tools
- Wireless HD video streaming
- Video conferencing
- Cloud-based file sharing
- Instant message chat for delegates
- Temperature control facilities
The GRVL event management team will partner with you or your wedding planner to deliver the detail, finesse, and peace of mind that your special day deserves! From water features to greens, manicured gardens to untouched Rift Valley savannah, GRVL has the most spectacular backdrops for your precious wedding memories.
Since it opened in 2000, the Great Rift Valley Golf Course has earned a reputation as one of the most challenging and breathtakingly beautiful of all Africa’s championship courses.
Set on the slopes of a small dormant volcano with unspoilt scenery in all directions, most holes on this course enjoy stunning views of mountains, plains, lakes and both escarpments of the Rift Valley itself. The 18-hole course is laid out around the Great Rift Valley Lodge and along the fairways are 80 generously spaced privately owned homes, some of which are let out to hotel guests.
Whether inside or outside the resort, The GRVL have the best suggestions for things to do during your stay! See all that we offer and all the activities we have prepared for you, as well as all the tours you can book.
- Adventurer’s Club
- Bird Watching
- Horse Riding
- Horse Riding
- Lakeview Breakfast
- Bush Dinners
- Guided game and bird walks in Eburru Forest
- Boating and bird watching on Lake Naivasha
- Astronomy with the experienced resident naturalists
- Guided horse riding and mountain bike safaris
- Trips to the world-famous bird reserves on the shores of lakes Baringo, Bogoria and Nakuru
- Day trips to Hell’s Gate and Lake Nakuru parks
- Child oriented game walks, treasure hunts and games with our famous Adventurers’ Club
- Bush breakfasts and romantic sundowners with one of the grandest views on Earth
- Lawn weddings, company events, launches
Great Rift Valley Lodge and Golf Resort 2023 Rates
Resident Full Board rates in Kenya Shillings
|Lodge / Villa Rooms on Full board Basis|
- High:3 Jan-30 June & 1 Nov-22 Dec
- Peak:-1 July-31 October
- Festival:-23-Dec-2 Jan 2024
- 2 Adults + 1 Child = Double rate + 50% of half double rate.
- 1 Adult + 1 child = Single rate
- 1 Adult + 2 Children = Double Rate
- 2 Children sharing own room = 75% of double rate 3 Children sharing own room = Double Rate
- 1 Child in own room = Single rate
- Rates do not include 19th June to 26th June Inclusive
- All rates quoted are subject to increase depending on taxes and government levies.
- All rates issued prior to this date are null and void
Non Resident in US$ Rates Per Person
|LODGE||TWIN VILLA||JUNIOR SUITE|
Above rates are per person per day inclusive of vat and service charge
During Easter High Season Rates shall apply
• High:-2 Jan-31 Mar,1 Nov-22 Dec
• Low:-1 Apr-30 June
• Peak:-1 July-31 Oct
• Festival-23 Dec-1 Jan 2024
• 2 Adults+ Child =Double rate +50% of half board rate
• 1 Adult +1 Child =Single Rate
• 1 Adult+2 Children=Double rate
• 2 Children sharing room =75% of double rate
• 3 Children sharing room =Double rate
• 1 Child in own room=Single rate
The rates include:• Full Board accommodation(Early morning tea/coffee, breakfast,lunch, afternoon tea and dinner),• V.A.T.,training levy and service charge:
Not included:• Room service charges, l• Laundry,