Flamingo Hill Camp
Lake Nakuru National park Kenya
Flamingo Hill Tented Accommodation
A Small and exclusive camp, comprising 25 tents. The tents are furnished with the understated luxury required by the modern traveler. Decorated in calming safari tones, natural woods, wrought iron and crisp cottons each tent has been meticulously planned to maximise comfort. All tents have the following facilities:
- four poster beds & mosquito nets
- en-suite with shower, WC and flush toilets
- writing desk
- a private verandah overlooking the plains
- hot and cold running water
- voltage at 240 volts
Flamingo Hill Camp Overview
The Flamingo Hill Camp is situated within the famous Lake Nakuru National Park, which lies within the Great Rift Valley of Kenya.
Approximately 30 minutes by air or 2 hours by road from Nairobi. Nestled between the “honeymoon hills”, and set in beautifully landscaped grounds with natural foliage and a variety of indigenous African plants and flowers, Flamingo Hill Camp provides superb, tented accommodation.
Flamingo Hill Camp is an eco-friendly establishment. Part of the money earned from the camp is used for environmental restoration and endangered species.
Cosy, warm and inviting with a personal touch, Flamingo Hill Camp offers the traveler a home away from home!
Flamingo Hill Tented camp Nakuru
An Unforgettable Dining Experience
Our experienced chefs will prepare meals to tantalize taste buds!
• Breakfast is served daily, between 6.00am & 9.30am
• Lunch is served between 12.30 noon & 2.30pm
• Dinner can be enjoyed between 7.00pm & 9.30pm
We also cater for any special dietary requests made by our guests. We pride ourselves on the food we serve our guests. QUALITY & EXCELLENCE is simply one way to describe what we offer!
Lake Nakuru at a Glance
Area: 188 square kilometers
Perimeter: 74 Kilometers
Altitude: 1,756 meters above sea level
Location: 160 Km northwest of Nairobi near Nakuru town of the Rift Valley Province
Gazetted as a national park in 1968 Sunk deep in the cleft of the Great Rift Valley one of the earths most phenomenal geological features, ringed by shoals of extinct and dormant volcanoes and presided over by one of the largest craters in the world, lies Lake Nakuru National Park. Part of the ancient landscape known as the “cradle of mankind”, the Park offers a wealth of history, unique wildlife, spectacular bird life and some of the most beautiful scenery in Africa.
Lake Nakuru National Park is a popular destination. Numerous films and documentaries have featured in this park involving world wide renowned film-makers. Indeed when officially opening the park in 1961, world famous ornithologist and artist, Sir Peter Scott referred to the lake as a “ sight of incredible beauty and interest” and went on to express that “there can be no more remarkable ornithological sight in the world” THE VERY BEST OF LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK
A pulsating pink carpet of around 1.5 million flamingos
- An ornithologist’s paradise with over 500 species of birds recorded
- Two of the five last surviving species of rhinoceros
- The largest Euphorbia candelabrum forest in East Africa
- Home of the rare Rothschild’s giraffe
- Greatest ornithological spectacle show on earth Lake Nakuru National Park offers the traveler a rare insight into Kenya’s most diverse flora, fauna and wildlife. It is also home to the host of other mammals such as the elusive leopard, lion and the rare black and white rhinoceros.
Flamingo Hill Camp Rates
|Resident rates in Kshs and Non Resident rates in US$|
- Low: 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2023
- Shoulder: 01 November -15 December 2023
- Mid: 02 January – 31 March & 01-31 October 2023
- High: 01 July -31 September & 16 December – 01 January 2024
Non Resident Seasons:
- High: 01 January -31 March , 01 July -31 October & 21 December -31 December
- Low: 01 April -30 June & 01 November -20 December 2023
- *Rates applicable (2-12 years) Children below 2 years free
- Child sharing a tent with parents – 25% of double tent rate
- 2-3 children sharing own tent (exclusive use) – 75% of double tent rate
- 1 child sharing with adult – double tent rate for adult plus 25% of double tent rate for the child
- 2 children sharing tent with 1 adult –double tent rate for adult plus 50% of double tent rate for children
- Adults: US$.35.00(Kshs.2,000.00 ) per person per night
- Children: 50%
Christmas (24, 25, 26 & 31 December 2019,1 January 2021)
- Adults: Kshs.2000.00 per person per night
- Children: 50%
The above rates are based on double occupancy or single occupancy on full board basis and are inclusive of 16% VAT, 2% Service Charge and 2% Catering Levy – Total 20%.
CANCELLATION & REDUCTION POLICY
Cancellation and no show reservations – reservations that are cancelled, reduced in length of stay or reduced in numbers (herein after collectively called a