Elewana Sand River
Situated on a secluded and picturesque site, Sand River Masai Mara replicates the heyday of exclusive permanent tented camps of the late 1920’s.The interior fixtures and furnishings mirror this period perfectly, reminding all who visit of those countless Hollywood movies that have paid homage to a classic era of African adventure.Sand River Masai Mara is an ideal destination, at any time of the year, for those wishing to enjoy exceptional game-viewing. The National Reserve is best known for its large concentrations of big cats, such as leopard, cheetah and, of course, lion. Even the dramatic arrival of the Annual Migration merely adds to an already abundant resident wildlife that awaits discovery.Sand River Masai Mara comprises of 16-tented accommodations – including 1 family tent – each divided into two separate but adjoining campsites, with each area possessing its own designated dining and public areas, thereby creating an increased sense of exclusivity and privacy.
Why Elewana Sand River Camp
- Private Location:The camp is located in a secluded area of the Masai Mara National Reserve, far from other properties so guests enjoy a truly “exclusive” safari.
- Sand River:The camp overlooks Sand River, a picturesque combination of sand banks, dramatic rocks and riverine forest – an idyllic setting for a late breakfast!
- On the Migration route:Sand River Masai Mara is quite literally on the Migration route and guests are often fortunate to be able to watch wildebeest and zebra crossing the Sand River from the comfort of their tent verandah.
- Luxurious classic camp:The camp has an opulent feel, and evokes a feeling of having stepped back in time to the heyday of great safaris.
Elewana Collection:Elewana Tortilis Camp Amboseli/Elewana Elsa’s Kopje Meru/Elewana Kifaru House/Loisaba Lodo Springs/Elewana Elephant Pepper Camp
Comprising of 16 tented accommodations, Sand River Masai Mara replicates the heyday of exclusive permanent tented camps of the late 1920’s.
- 15 tented rooms – 4 twins, 11 doubles (49m2)
- 1 Family tent with 2 en suite bedrooms adjoined by a central lounge area (87m2)
- Sand River is separated into two separate camp areas of 10 and 6 tents to make Sand River and “Little” Sand River.
- Each “camp” has its own main and dining areas.
- 4 of the tents contain day beds that can be used as extra beds.
Activities & Experiences
- Shared game drives in custom 4×4 vehicles (exclusive use available at day rate)
- Bush meals and sundowners
- Swimming pool
- Visit to a local school supported by Land & Life Foundation
- Balloon safaris (price not included and pre-booking required)
Elewana sand Rive Camp 2023 Rates
|Non Resident Full Board rates in US$|
|Non Resident Game Package rates in US$|
- High: 1st Jul – 31st Oct & 20th Dec – 3rd Jan
- Mid: 4th Jan – 31st Mar,June & 1st Nov – 19th Dec
- Green: 1st April – 31st May
(Mandatory Per Person, Per Night) Masai Mara National Reserve Fee Adult $70 Child$40
Full Board (FB) Includes: Accommodation, all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), soft drinks, beer, house wines and selected spirits, teas, coffees and refreshments (on the property), and laundry services. The rates exclude champagne, private cellar wines and premium spirits
Game Package (GP) Includes: Full-board package, scheduled and shared game drives, activities including guided walking safari, bush sundowners, transfers to and from our designated airstrips.The game package excludes champagne, private cellar wines and premium spirits.
- Maximum Room Occupancy Number of Guests Safari Tent 3 Adults
- Family Tent 4 Adults