Elephant Watch Camp
Elephant Watch Camp-Overview
Why Elephant Watch Camp?
- An intimate view of elephant world: Get to know the characters, friendships and drama queens firsthand.
- Eco-design: The camp combines artistic inspiration with a purist’s respect and love for nature.
- Conservation in action: Observe the cutting-edge conservation work of the Douglas-Hamilton family.
- Highly trained guides: Scientifically trained guides lead groups on foot and in specially adapted vehicles. They can identify hundreds of individual elephants living in up to 64 family groups.
- Samburu culture: Gain a rare insight into the proud Samburu warrior culture.
- Safari welcome: Warm evening showers, organic soaps and shampoos, fluffy towels, handmade cotton dressing gowns, beautifully cooked food and a cool glass of wine served beneath flickering lanterns by the river’s edge – creates a gracious, warm, enveloping atmosphere, unlike any other.
Elephant Watch camp Experinces
- Game drives
- Visit to save the Elephants
- Visit to a Samburu village
- Hike up mount Ololokwe
- Camel rides/walks
- Wild Safaris by helicopter
Elephant Watch Camp Rates
|Adult sharing per night||1,300||1,140|
|Single adult per night||1,609||1,300|
|Child 5 and under 15 years per night||650||575|
- Peak:15 June, July, August, September, 20 December – 05 January 2024
- Standard:11 May – 15 June, 01 – 20 October; 10 -19 December
Inclusions: Full board accommodation & laundry-House wines, beers, selected spirits, sodas and water-Visit to Save the Elephants Research Centre-Elephant watching and game drives-Bush picnics and sundowners, guided bird walks and hikes-Manyatta and school visits-Local airstrip transfers from Sopa /Oryx-Laundry-VAT and Service Charge
Exclusions:Park Fees – rates estimated for 2018 (USD 75)-Champagne and a la carte wines-Extra lunch with drinks USD$ 80 p/p-Exclusive use of EWC Vehicles USD$ 350 per day-Samburu Dances USD$ 100-Bona fida tour leaders & guides – USD$ 250 per night, ex park fees-Gratuities
Extras: Helicopter excursions – price upon request.Hiking up to Mt. Ol Lolokwe (Ol Sabache) – price upon request. Whole day excursion.
Minimum of 2 nights booking Charges for the extras available on request are quoted by a 3rd party & may be subject to change without prior notice
Children up to age of 5 come for free