Ekorian Mugie Camp
More than just a safari…
Ekorian’s Mugie Camp offers the freedom to rekindle the soulful relationship we each have with the wild. Experiences here span beyond just a safari. Ekorian greets you with a warm, genuine welcome to this exquisite slice of the natural world. It brings to life the vision that Josh and Donna had when they built the camp: a retreat from the fast-paced hustle and bustle of the ‘real world’, and a reconnection with nature.To bring you an organic, authentic safari, Ekorian fuses luxury with sustainability, and comfort with responsibility. The camp’s innovative design is eco-friendly and blends into its environment, enabling you to feel immersed in the vivid details that surround you – the sights, the sounds, the smells. Ekorian gives you the rare opportunity for a tailored adventure, guided by experts. Our team at Ekorian has a passion for sharing their love of wildlife, wild lands, and wild experiences, with others. They have lived and worked together for years and the camaraderie, and enthusiasm with which they welcome you to Ekorian, is palpable.
Ekorian’s Mugie camp is eco-conscious and ‘silver’ eco rated by the Kenya eco-tourism board. We use solar power (we can’t accommodate hair dryers or electric razors), we make every effort to minimize our use of plastic products (we do not supply bottled water, instead we collect rainwater and boil and filter it for drinking and supply reusable water bottles on the game drives and drinking water in recycled glass bottles in the rooms). All of the toiletries supplied in the rooms are organic and locally made, and the items that we sell in our camp shop are locally produced (most of them in support of a good cause – including beadwork made in collaboration with our own charity, The Moyo Foundation).
The Eco Camp
Each of our tents is en-suite with hot running water and flush toilets, and can be configured to be a twin or double arrangement. Tent one is nearest to the mess tent and has a kids’ annex, so it is perfect for families.
Awesome experience. Great staff, food, drink, kayaking, volleyball, lions, etc” Ekorian’s Mugie Camp offers a wealth of activities. Day and night game drives, kayaking on the dam (which is a great way to watch the elephants), guided bush walks, fly camping, ranch activities, bush meals (and picnics on the island in the middle of the dam), fishing, visits to the blood hounds, trips to Samburu and Pokot villages and markets, sundowners, and school visits to name a few. Camel rides, horse riding safaris, and golfing can be arranged in advance as optional extras.
- Game watching
- Bird watching
- Mugie Ranch
- Bush Meals
- Community & Culture
- Camel Trek & Horse Riding Safaris
Rates in US$ Valid 05 Jan 2023 to 04 Jan 2024
Ekorian’s Mugie Camp 2023 Rates & Prices
- Regular:3 Jan-30 Jun,1 Sept-17 Dec 2023
- High:1 Jul-31 Aug & 18 Dec-4 Jan 2024
Rates in US$ Valid 05 Jan 2023 to 04 Jan 2024
Ekorian’s Mugie Camp 2024 Rates & Prices
- Low:1 Mar-31 May & Nov 2024
- Regular:5-31 Jan,Feb,Jun,1 Sept-31 Oct & 1-17 Dec 2024
- High:1 Jul-31 Aug & 18 Dec-4 Jan 2025
Full board accommodation,House wine, beers and spirits,Laundry,Mugie airstrip transfers,Unlimited shared game drives, Night drives,Guided walks,Kayaking, fishing and camel rides,Ranch activities (Dip day on Saturdays),Demonstration with the bloodhounds,Community visits to Mugie School, clinic, livestock office,Bush meals and sundowners,Check in 11am. Check out 10am.
Full boConservation fees (as above)-Golf green fee; $30-Transfers from Loisaba airstrip; $120 per car each way-Vintage wines and champagne on request-Filming safaris-Late departure (after 2pm); $100 per person, includes lunch and a game drive. Guests must vacate their tent by 10am but changing facilities are provided-Exclusive use of vehicle; $250 per vehicle per dayty visits to Mugie School, clinic, livestock office,Bush meals and sundowners,Check in 11am. Check out 10am.
Ekorian Mugie Camp 2023/2024 Special Offers
- EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT (5% off the accommodation rates on bookings that confirm with a deposit 9 months prior to travel date). Applicable all Seasons and combinable with Specials No. 2 & 3.
- FAMILY DISCOUNT (the 3rd child sharing a triple pays Conservation fees only). Applicable all Seasons and combinable with Special No. 1.
- HONEYMOONERS DISCOUNT (25% off the accommodation rates for the bride). Applicable all Seasons and combinable with Special No. 1
- 4 NIGHTS FOR THE PRICE OF 3 (Conservation fees payable on all nights). Applicable in Regular & Low Seasons
- 6 NIGHTS FOR THE PRICE OF 5 (Conservancy Fees payable for all nights). Applicable when booking Ekorian for 3 nights in Low & Regular Season and Offbeat Mara for 3 nights in Regular, Mid & Green Seasons. Combinable with Special No. 2.
- MINIMUM CHARGE FOR EXCLUSIVE USE OF CAMP is 10 Adults at the applicable season’s rates.